Saturday, April 2, 2011

Balle Balle!!!! INDIA

INDIA!!! INDIA!!! I. AM. SO. PROUD!!!

I am not a HUGE fan of Cricket, I don’t know the difference between off side, onside or what an lbw is etc… but why did I rush home to catch the MATCH with My folks and Dear Dear friend Mehnaz? Why feel restless the whole day, be too tensed to tweet and be utterly excited to watch the *Semi Finals of the ICC World Cup 2011*??

Picture this when you have… Two arch enemies facing each other in what seems to be the BAAP of all Matches in this World Cup series, Madam Sonia cheering away along with her very very handsome son in tow, our very own PM, Mr. Yousuf Raza Gilani and a host of A list Film stars watching the MATCH… You definitely DO NOT what to Miss out on it!
Driving home from work, never did I imagine what I was set to witness! What a MATCH? A sofa gripping, heart stopping, blood pumping, super duper drilling battle! I am soo soo Proud! It made me dance, scream, jump and write and Broadcast BBM messages! Lol! Even now Watching the finals of the ICC World Cup FINAL I am too nervous to sit straight and watch the match and hence this entry!! (Dhoni boi has hot yet another SIX!! YAY!)
What amazes me is the unbelievable frenzy that this Match managed to garner! On the Radio, TV, FB, Twitter, BBM… anywhere you turn you cannot but escape the love, rage, passion and mind numbing energy that comes into play once the topic is touched.

Well, the winner goes to the final, so that should be reason enough but more than that it’s the PAKISTAN factor that actually triggered THAT much of Hype! The entire country came to a Standstill while it was on. As did Pakistan. As did UAE! And the verdict? INDIA WON!!!!!

The stadium had been sold out long before the start of the game. Touts were making a killing on the tickets. TV channels built it up to the hilt. Nothing on any channel was of relevance except the cricket that happened on Wednesday and TODAY! There is nothing that occupies anyone's conversation, but the game!

The India vs. Pakistan World Cup Match was called the final before the final, even today as the FINALS are underway many cannot seem to see beyond India's victory on Wednesday! But for me today has been paralyzing in terms of tension, nerves, excitement and jitters! It managed to elevate my interest in Cricket and HOW?

No Indian or Pakistani was looking any further than that. But now just inches away from watching Dhoni lifting the WORLD CUP… I can't feel any more elated!!!!!!
Now Dhoni's Bois go get that CUP!!! I am sure I will be doing the Victory dance in just a few minutes!! After all we have more than 122 crores of people praying!!!! Gosh My nerves aren't even letting me read through what I have typed out… Pardon the typos if any!! I just can't WAIT!!!! :D :D :D Withinh minutesssss..... Minutesss..... Minutess.... DHONI IS THE HEROOOOO!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can sooo relate to ur blog.....yes yestrdays match was ohh so full of excitement n at da end it was full of happiness :))))
Congratulations to every indian for havin such a wonderful team, who makes us proud always!!!

Neelanchana Kumar said...

:D :D :D Absolutely!!! We WON!! and BIG congragulations to you too!!! :DDDDD