Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pushed to the Limit!

Mark my words! One more infuriating THING/ PERSON/WHATEVER in my life and I am officially going "Run Away" !

Run away from what you may ask.... Run away from MYSELF. Stop, Cease being Neelanchana Kumar. Go to a faraway place, live in a shack and name myself, Soda and fizzle out eventually!


Things are bad. Quarrels, sickness, negativity, and general lack of peace of mind.

Things are hectic at work. Too much to do, too little time, too many responsibilities, people who wait for ME to take initiative and spoon feed everyone. That's not going happen no more, my friends! NOT happening!

Things are jumbled at heart. Confusion, tension, apprehension, expectation, loneliness and madness.

And out of all this? Where is the blue sky? The Break in the clouds? The bright side? What is the comforting prospect??  This post of mine is my way of finding that silver LINING! (Thanks VJ, you know who you are! Much Love)

I am pretty certain all people reading my blogs may actually think, "OMG she is MAD, she is always ranting about negativity and things NOT going right in her life, such an ungrateful person!" Well I could be Mad, not sure, I don't know. But I could have known that for sure had I created all these scenarios in my head and tried fighting it IN there. Since that is not the CASE, I consider myself perfectly SANE.

Trust me, I am grateful, very grateful for the life I have and the very many things don't have to go through. God, in fact, always shows me time and again how grateful and thankful I should be for my Life. It's not the riches of the world, money, fame, glamour etc that I want or I am craving for. What I am begging for Peace of Mind and my HEART!

Trust me the more I try to stay away from people, the more they seem to come after me. Leave me alone, please don't annoy me, please don't make it your life's goal to follow what I am doing!! I don't mind, nice happy people following my Blog (s), my twitter and stuff. That's all cool, yo! But what is not cool is stalking me on Facebook, calling me a 100 times when I clearly don't want to talk to you, etc etc. Don't do that. Really Don't!

Let me get one thing very straight: The vast majority of people you meet are nice, caring and considerate. They go out of their way to be polite, they help if they can and they truly care about the well-being of people around them.

Yes, But I seem to be having the most inconsiderate, and cumbersome jerks at work, and another places I frequent! I like making conversations with absolute strangers, smiling at them and sharing a joke or two and they are all GOOD! But the minute someone actually starts working with me, the same smiling, sweet person decides to take full on advantage of me, milking his or her way to the MAXIMUM!  Here are a few top things that piss the crap out of ME!

  1.  "Can you drop me home?" (Their "Home" being on the exact opposite direction of where I am headed to!")
  2. Dear  "Audibly challenged friend of mine", Can you please tone yourself a couple of notches down. We NEED NOT hear your entire conversation, it's is physically painful! Stop! 
  3.  Arrive late for meetings. Why do you pick a Time and NOT stick to it?? Life is short my friend!
  4. “Borrow” money - WHY do you want to borrow money, Oh Highly paid senior of mine? Why? Haven't you heard of "Jitni chadar hai utna hi pair failana chahiye" ?? In short, stay within your MEANS, and not within everyone else's MEANS
  5. Staring at MY FOOD! Oh, you are eating this? OH, SALAD, OH VEEGIES Oh.... STOP! I am not staring down your food, am I? Then quit making my food feel naked and violated! And stop making me get diarrhea.
I can go on and on, but I think this pretty much gives you a SMALL IDEA, No?

The thing is had these people been random people on the road, I could still ignore them, get up and leave, how can I ignore them when their crazy selves are in my FACE! So how do you deal with irritating people at work? With that in mind, I have decided to come up with a few strategies that can help ME become less irritated while at work. I just tried some of the below thoughts, and I won't lie, though it didn't HELP me all that much, I was a hell of a lot better that simply dreaming about revenge and scheming to KILL  them. ( Believe you me, I have dreamt up scenarios wherein I boil, skin and poke venomous syringes on CERTAIN "Fantastic" people!)

So, the next time someone or something really gets your goat at work, let's try:

  1. Staying calm. (Ignoring the dork and singing Mother, Father... Gentleman. in your head) Sometimes when you get really mad, you may end up doing something rash, (For example - Threatening to throw the PC on someone's head... What you haven't done it?.... Don't judge me!). If you can stay calm (and sing in your head), you’re more likely to choose constructive actions (Not that throwing the PC wasn't but let's focus on saving the infrastructure, shall we?)
  2. When you stay calm, you really annoy those who want to annoy others. (Take that you crazy JERK!) If that person is truly out to annoy you (which I am sure they ARE), the very best way to annoy them back is to stay cool. Be the cool cat, Be the cool cat on life ONE! Deny them the satisfaction of getting you riled. They HATE that.
  3.  Getting mad often means staying mad. (Not good at all for those nasty migraines, I say!) When we get irritated with someone, we get sucked into up into this dark, devious plot of theirs, making us Mad and keeping us in that Vile mood for a long, long time.
  4. We ONLY Harm ourselves. One of the people watching any of this dramas, isn't going to help, or get in involves, all they are going to do, is stand there and stare and laugh at our expense! Getting annoyed really harms no one but US. We don't want to be their daily dose of Gossip Girl and Boston Legal, do we? (Drifting away, special prayers and thoughts for all those affected in Boston. #PrayForBoston)
  5. Getting irritated makes it easier to get mad the next time. Once we get angry with someone, we are on our defense from there on, and we start a cycle of anger – which means it takes less and less to set US off. Curse you Oh, Vicious circle!
  6. Instead of getting mad at these maddening people – Lets feel sorry for them. Jerks are very often jerks because they feel bad about themselves. Hating them is really a waste of time – lets invent stories about their sorry lives and feel sorry for them instead. No yelling, no fight, Just PITY and some creativity!!
  7. Lets Laugh about it! Yes, their behavior is crazy, but the closer we look, it's going to be mostly pathetic and ridiculous. Lets Laugh at it, rather than get annoyed. Lol - ing is good, No?
That being said, Once in a while, SCREAMING your head would be PERFECT, but let's just keep it for the BEACH! Having a screaming, shouting match with the huge, loud roaring waves is the best way to go about it. After all the Beach is a much worthy opponent, as supposed to these measly and I.Q. challenged colleagues of ours! Agree?

By the way, by no means are we turning into meek and humble and all with holding wimps. It's about not getting angry over crazy people, because getting angry is rarely good for US. Once in a while, getting angry may be just the ticket, though. It can be exactly what’s needed to unlock a tight situation. It’s not about getting angry, it’s about getting angry in the right way. And in most situations, let's find that COOL and KEEP IT COOL!


Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
- Aristotle.


P.S. By the way, I have started a Brand NEW Blog!!!  YAY! :D You can follow it on Design Yatra !!!  When I started Monastic Ambitions, I knew I could not hold back, but little did I know, that I was well on my way to unleash a tsunami of emotions onto my unsuspecting victims! Design Yatra is yet another humble attempt at expressing myself, but less of me and more of my WORK. Capturing the essence of the journey My Art, my Design, my Photography and my Passions. You can read more about why created this ONE here Yet Another Blog and follow my work there. It will be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Anish said...

I jus loved the way u expressed it... i hope the right people read it and get it through their head!!!

Anish said...

i loved the way u have expressed... jus hope that the right people read and get it in their head!!!