Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Way of Life - DRESSING UP!

I have always maintained that “Dressing UP is a way to UP your life”.

Case in point, you have an interview, or you are going to take that girl you have been chasing for months out on a date, what would you do? DRESS UP, obviously.  You wouldn't want to go to the interview or the date, like you are on the way home from the beach, in sandy shorts and flip flops now, would you? If you would, well the only thing you would hear is a “NEXT” or “GET OUT”! Just saying.

We, the Kumar’s, love to dress up. It’s an instant booster for our energies and spirits. And you know you don’t absolutely need a reason for it, you could do it for yourself, to make yourself happy. DRESS UP. Why? You love yourself, so that’s good reason! I know you have got some nice clothes in your closet, just lying around WAITING for the occasion to rise. I say don’t wait, make it! Anyways what is a NICER occasion than YOU? DRESS UP, make a statement. Get into a GET UP!

Mom, this one is for you, if you are saving that nice jewelry for some occasion to CROP UP, don’t hold your breath, let’s just put it on NOW and say the occasion is HERE!

Okay, you are all dressed up and have nowhere to go, go to that coffee shop, that book store, that mall even. So what you don’t have anything you NEED to buy, you could feel like you are playing a game, and games are fun, yes??

That being said, this weekend has been all about dressing up (with occasions and all!). First it being Halloween and now DIWALI! My brother and sister have always wanted to dress up for Halloween, and this time around, I decided to try my hand at Halloween make up… The results are below! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
  
My Brother, being the Gruesome JOKER! 
My sister being the SEXY Vampire
My Brother, and two of his friends (and two of  other test subjects!)
Btw since I was anyway immersed in makeup, I decided, I too should get into the HALLOWEEN gear, and for thouse of you who are unable to comprehend my character, well I am a POP ART COMIC CHARACTER! Pfft… the perils of dressing up being overtly creative!
 
Me, in my POP ART COMIC CHARACTER mode.
 That’s all from me now, I need to run along and start dressing UP for DIWALI!! HAPPY DIWALI YOU ALL!!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my GREEN MONSTER! Two years!!!

No comments: