Tuesday, August 2, 2011

That would be ME!


When I first conceived this blog, I didn’t know if I would keep up! I didn't know whether I would write daily or weekly or monthly at least! I didn't know if I would be able to continue to think of topics on the go. I didn't know if I would get constructive criticism, negative feedback, followers, or even so many people viewing my page.  All I knew was I wanted to create one and I did just that!

Now when I look at My Blog, nearing my 100th post (this being the 99th Post) I am filled with pride and delight! I am extremely thankful and happy that, despite all other things not going in the direction that I would like it to, at least my blog continues to be my Saathi, my friend and my support!

When I write, I am often faced with the predicament about what to write? Why to write? Write about ME? Why aren't you writing about ME? And many many more such questions!

I am an aspiring author, not now, much much later in life when I have no energy to do all the things that I do now, I would like to author a Book. One that will be very close to my heart like all things I do! I would like to think I am pretty decent at writing and a blog is the most expected thing for a writer actively looking enhancing his/ her writing skills and also ones who are looking for an agent or publisher.

But believe me, I’m not writing this blog for that reason. I started thinking about writing this blog so as to release my thoughts, put it down, let people know my ideas, my thoughts. Thoughts are water, flowing down over different terrains, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes a complete a draught, taking the shapes and the form of the environment, trying to leave its mark somewhere...

It's like a release for me, a task which I have to complete!! A self imposed assignment!

I didn't intend to use this platform as a part of self-marketing exercise... Though I don't see any harm in the same. But that's not why I started it.

A few days earlier, while having a normal conversation with a friend, he said, what you up to? I said I am just about to post my next blog post, to which he replied, I will read it if I don't get sleep! My immediate response was Well, I don't care if you do or not, I write it for Myself!

Yes I write for MYSELF… If you would like to read it, I am more than happy and thankful for that, be it because you can't get sleep at night or because you feel entertained! If you don't, well its your choice! :)

What else can I say? It’s simply not in me to expect people to read my words purely for the superficial reason of listening to my words of wisdom isn't it...

But still I have the feeling that I did have something I wanted to share with the world, something that I would want everyone to read, understand and probably give me there feedback on and that is why I kept on writing.

I didn’t know what it was that made me continue, but I could feel it!! It was like this Old song, which we keep humming but just can't get the lyrics... like a long lost friend you suddenly think of but can place her name... like it right there at the tip of your tongue but can’t seem to get out! As I continued writing, I knew with all conviction that, yes, there is something I could say.

Searching and researching, thinking why I write and why I write as if my life depended on it? I looked up............. yes Of course, Google!!!

What were other people blogging about? Why do they blog? I came across this webpage – which gives you like 100 or so different  Blog Topics I Hope YOU Write (http://www.chrisbrogan.com/100-blog-topics-i-hope-you-write/).

It had a list of unbelievable blog topics, some so vague and random, some more reasonable but soo many of them... Going through the list, My eyes unexpectedly stopped on one of the titles... it read as ‘Somebody Has To Say It.’ That was a TING moment for me!


I couldn't stop blushing!! Yep don't ask, but that's what I did, Blush! It was there was all along... and I didn't realize! And Mr. Chris Brogan, Someone, sitting in a far away land hand shown me every subtly why I was Blogging!!

 I love to and intend to continue blogging about the common and off limit topics of religion, politics, and sport and many more, though I know I am not an expert on the same, but no harm in voicing one’s opinions yeah? I may shock, instigate, or make use of extensive sarcasm! I hope to entertain… Simple!

This Blog is for all things ME, My take on life, people, beauty, design, art, GOD, politics and much much more!

So that it’s it.

Somebody has to say it. And that, my lovely friends would be ME!

1 comment:

Ashwin said...

Nice blog di:) im ur fan who has read almost of ur blogs:) Keep writing U rock