Wednesday, November 9, 2011

OFF the Grid!


Yet again I have been away from the world of blogging not because I wanted to, but like always, because I had to. Many things happened during the past couple of weeks, My sister getting selected to compete in the Miss Kerala 2011 competition (One among the 20 hottest women from Kerala :P Quite a feat, isn't it?), me taking a week's break from work to take over the reins of the house, cooking galore, My Bday!!!, midnight surprise :D, My Bestie's Bday!!!, learning the ways and means of a certain CLKP :P, Big Boss is back!!!, working from home on tedious and tiresome Projects, my sister going on to Win the coveted Miss Beautiful Eyes 2011 Title, my 80’s and 90’s themed Party, getting back to Work, Moving in a NEW office, Diwaliiii, Eid and what not!!!!

Considering all this and more, now can you actually blame me for not being able to write???

In fact it's more than a month since I watched my favorite Criminal Minds!! :O That proves it all doesn't it? No, but I did manage to catch up on three episodes back to back to back on one of the EID holidays giving myself a well deserved treat of feasting on my Double chocolate tower delight! Shemaar Moore is a League apart, isn’t it? Sigh! LOLOL :P ;)


But all that apart I have been desperate to get back to writing with vengeance, but all times I decide to do that one thing leads to another and I end up not being able to write. I have just not been able to put pen to paper or key in on my used and abused key board and whip our something new, interesting and ME! So I turned to reading, reading anything and everything in order to get a grip on myself and WRITE! It did not seem to be the IDEAL way out‚ but reading about things, anything or something in particular, say a thing you are going through is definitely something to feel a little content about. It makes you feel you are not alone‚ you’re not crazy and that you are not the only racer on the track!

It is often said that writing is never as easy as reading‚ and I agree. But it wasn’t always like that, I always seemed to have a way with words, and apparently I still do, but off late it has sort of been sidelined to just writing emails to clients and writing Conceptual Design Statements for OTHERS!

When I read something and so many things come to my mind, I am sure a lot of things come into yours as well‚ It’s like your imagination is slowly but steadily taking total control over me‚ but then when I actually hold a pen in my hand‚ I go blank‚ I feel numb‚ stuck, I feel as if I have nothing to say. I guess this is what they call the WRITER’s BLOCK.

It has happened to me numerous times, but I have never let it affect me for more than a week or two weeks maximum. I may not be a writer to the world‚ but for me I am a writer wholeheartedly. Sometimes‚ creativity takes a back seat for no apparent reason‚ and no matter how hard you try‚ you just cannot figure out what is it that’s stopping you. I guess this happens in every type of creativity‚ be it writing‚ painting, dancing or any other form of art. 

Psychoanalyst Edmund Bergler, first described the ‘writer’s block’ condition in 1947. The reasons for it were many like illness‚ depression‚ the end or beginning of a project‚ or it could simply be a lack of inspiration!! What was it for me? Illness? No, I am fit as a fiddle, touch wood! Depression! I don’t see how? Lack of inspiration! Uhmm I hope not! End or beginning of a project? LOL! No comments!

Somebody once said‚ “The problem with reality is that there is no background music.” I could not agree more to this! I for one am a person who is forever and always listening to some music or the other and it almost always happens that when I am in a particular mood, the mood is reflected in the type of Music I listen to as well. Most times its not even done intentionally, it just so happens automatically that is playing on someone’s mobile or the car next to mine at a signal! I would like to think of them as SIGNS! Signs that let us which direction to take, what to do when we don’t seem a way out of a situation. It would really be absolutely wonderful if only music were playing in our background at all the different situations that we pass through on a daily basis… It would fill in the gap often left out in conversations, in our minds and most importantly help me UNBLOCK my BLOCK! But NO, unfortunately…… There is no background music being played in reality‚ and there never will be. So the only thing left to do is to take the tough way out and overcome the writer’s block the way we like.

So‚ we will have to find that inspiration by ourselves‚ and overcome all sort of obstructions. So I think the only way to get through the writer’s block phase‚ is to just keep writing and let nothing stop you. But it’s easier said than done isn’t it? :P

No comments: