Sunday, November 20, 2011

WINTER LOVE!


My mum is unbelievably CUTE. She comes up with the most implausible reasons to NOT have to sit in my car with me. “Take your Appa along, no??”, “I have so much work to do.” “I have sat in the car before nah, with your Appa.”. But today I somehow forced, threw a tantrum, and literally begged her and made sure she got into my car and that to with me! Anddd… She did, although she sat holding the door, stuck to edge of the seat, constantly shouting at me to 2) reduce the speed, b) to leave the damn BB alone (LOLOL) and kept silently praying to all the Gods and Goddess to somehow bring this little excursion of ours to an end!

But all of a sudden she was all excited and happy. Reason being she looked outside the window and up at the Sky… The Sky was absolutely GORGEOUS, it was in fact DELECTABLE and SCRUMPTIOUS. Ranging from hues of Black, blue, red and a pinch of Yellow, it was a breathtaking sight. As I gazed up at the lovely winter skies, I knew what I needed to write about next! WINTER!



I LOVE winter. It’s is one of my favorite seasons and I often wish it could last even longer. Before you accuse me of being crazy, hear me out. Let me give the raison d'ĂȘtre as to why Winter Rocks:

Reason No. 1 - I am actually not very fond of *Air Conditioning*. In fact I complete detest it and avoid using it at most times! Conditioning the AIR and making it unbelievably cold during summers seems to be one of the few standard Dubain characteristics. A chosen few people I know blast the AC in their CARS, Houses and Offices to the point wherein I start shivering and my teeth begin to rattle. Come Winter and automatically people Stop, Okay I am being too optimistic here, but they at least reduce using it and start leaving the windows Open! BLISS!

Reason No. 2 - We live in an age of speed and instant gratification and it’s something I am usually quite comfortable with and that is something I have written about on a regular basis as well, but with winter, EVERYTHING slows down. Evening relaxation starts much earlier than in summer, summer and some more summer. (Considering how Dubai only seems to have to have HEAT all the time. Does Dubai even see any Spring or autumn?) So it’s true, you have MORE time! Don’t ask me to explain the whole Science of it but I’m sure you all know it as well! :P But having said that it’s not that I use the extra time as such, but I KNOW  for a fact that if at ALL I need it, I HAVE it!! Having said that I have been sitting late at work for the past few weeks, so that’s where all my extra time and energy has been put to use (?) or should I say put to waste! :P

Reason No. 3Tell me one thing that is nicer than curling up on the sofa under a blanket!!! Add a Sofa/Beanbag/Lots of cushions on the floor, and blanket and then throw in DVD or two and what do you get?? HAPPINESS! Throw in a person to curl up with and now you’re talking absolute bliss!!!! LOL But I guess I will have to make do with Mr. F, my trusty teddy for the time being.

Reason No. 4 - I have this constant urge to get out, be out, relish the pressure of being out, “enjoying the weather”, walking, breathing, taking in the VIEW and the AIR… With winter, you have a VALID and ready-made excuse to do just that and Not SWEAT!

Reason No. 5 - I love wearing clothes and layering myself with it. Covering myself UP! And while I may sound like admitting to have a very low self esteem in the body image department (BID), it doesn’t change the fact that deciding what to wear in winter is FUN and those who know me know that I have no issues what so ever with the BID!! Sweaters, shawls, cardigans, coats, scarves, and gloves (I need to desperately get some!)… YAY! And on really cold days (I am hoping for some in Mid – December) I intend to dress in all black and pretend I am from Afghanistan or better still a NINJA!! YEP NINJA IT IS! Hahahahah.

Reason No. 6I love winter foods. Warm, Hot, spicy with oodles of flavor and spice. Steaming cups of goosebumps inducing Chai’s, crispy pakodas, delicious samosas, baked pastas, Chilly Strawberry Ice creams (SLURP!), hearty soups, winter salads and more – Its Basically LOVE served on a Plate with some more love!

Reason No. 7 - Winter is also the Perfect time to take it EASY! To give yourself a break and lay back… It’s THAT time of the year. With the daytime reduced and the overall feeling of hibernation and low energy in the air, I think we shouldn’t give ourselves a hard time with all the “HAVE TO DO’s” in our lives. That way IF and WHEN we do manage to get something done, we can feel the *afterglow* of a job well done!

Reason No. 8 - I love winter, as it IS the holiday season!!! The National Holidays, Christmas Time and the NYE! I love the overall build up and expectations of the close of the year and the beginning of a BRAND NEW YEAR!

Reason No. 9 - I love having showers. Twice… even Thrice in the day would do me good! No one can disagree that when it’s winter, its dark and cold, and a super long hot shower is absolutely DIVINE!!! Hot showers in summer are an ABSOLUTE waste! I mean who wants to sweat while taking a shower? But winters are different, it means having a shower in complete luxury, slowly turning down the cold water so as to make the water positively scalding and hot. Getting pink, soft and clean!!! :D :D

Reason No. 10 - And My favorite favorite Reason! I love winters for the long long drives with old Hindi music playing in the background and the long walks on the beach! The wind blowing in my hair, the soft smell of the seas, the quiet, the calm and the peace! Curling my toes into the wet slippery sands, looking at the rays of the beautiful red orange setting sun, and smiling to myself while sending a quick *Thank you* to HIM… Standing there silently thinking to myself that this is all for ME, just ME! Well, A girl can dream can’t she? :P

So, what do you think? WINTER is AWESOME isn’t it?? (I for one haven’t included the chapped lips, the dry skin and the other negatives in this one just so that I can think for a while this Season is ALMOST PERFECT! :D )

*Thank You, Ma for being the One to spark the idea of exploring WHY I love WINTER soo much! Love YOU! 

No comments: