Thursday, April 26, 2012

CAUSE & EFFECT!


I will not lose Faith - Mushu (Mulan)

These are the days, my head, heart and mind are filled to the BRIM. My heart keeps pumping my head and my mind with so many many things that too at an exuberant speed, that many a times I feel a sense of suffocation, a sense of profuse overflow. The very random and unrelated thoughts are hitting me right now. I know, I will lose it, if I don't pen them down. Not only will I lose my thoughts, I might lose my mind as well If I don’t jot them, release them from my head! And What better ground can I get than my enduring, uncomplaining blog! Talking about my blog, in the recent days I have also had stomach criticisms about what I write in my blog and what I don’t. Really? Do I need to feel apologetic about expressing my feelings also? I surely hope not!!  And today I am just going to BE RANDOM! Randomness is Beauty! Isn’t it??

Day before yesterday I met this prospective client, who wanted her Office to Chic… Now that is a confusing word. CHIC! My chic could be perceived as dull and grab, whereas I could perceive your chic as gaudy and over the top. I was just able to tell her this and my ever enthusiastic VP Sales, an Irish man with absolutely no DESIGN sense decides to literally praise the client for her EXCELLENT Choice! Ugh… Who is the Designer here?? Is it ME, armed with my Masters of Design and 5 years of Industry experience or is it You, with no degree or forget the degree, no school leaving certificate in the first place, and zero experience in the department of Design, built and better still in Dubai. I am New BOY, you say, then kindly ZIP IT!! And Trust me when one crosses over to the unhealthy side of 50’s you can no longer address yourself as the boy, forget NEW! *And No he didn’t stop here, he went on to ask the client if she wanted to experiment with contrasting elements or would like to approach the design radically!!!* At this point I was all geared up and ready to take a plunge from the nearby window. The said window being the 25th floor of the one of the leading towers in JLT! I mean what did he mean to establish here! I put this across to my very wonderful Boss, requesting him to silence his white doll so that us brown ones can WORK without being put through such embarrassing situations and all he has to say is *You need to use your Brain and his looks to get more Clients*! With that I decided there is no point in trying to reason with a WALL!

Going through various websites, looking for the IDEAL chic, I came across such wonderful images that I slowly but steadily had a collection of Images all domestic, cozy, residential and finally starting dreaming of my ideal Home Interiors!! You have got to give it up from some of the designers, really classy and *CHIC* ideas!! Sharing a few of the Wonderful Designs I am completely in Love with!


What subtle textures, neutral colours, and such a beautiful ambiance! 

 Pop art meets industrial Chic!

 Bright and inviting spaces.

 Eclectic, Modern, subtle and simply wow!

After a good amount of daydreaming and living in my dream house for about 15 minutes or so, I finally came to my senses I realized I needed to get serious about find Chic Office interiors, turns out after all this drama about creating a chic office space etc, what the client is really happy with this is the usual run of the mill Steel, glass, marble Office with little of minimum design elements! Humph!! So much for *Her excellent choice of style*. End of story she too turned out to one of the many TW’s I have encountered in the past month!! By TW I mean the TIME WASTERS!! Oh there seems to be a tsunami of these kind of strange creatures. They have absolutely no value for their time, our time or just TIME in general!

Talking about Time, or rather timing, Today was brilliant!! We have this little office thing of playing *Dum charades*, on the less busy days, festive occasions actually more precisely every time the BOSS steps out of the Office for a relatively longer time frame. This, you must note, is a  rather phenomenon and WE take immense pride in retaliating to the cruel atrocities of our one and only vertically challenged, horizontally endowed, queasy, squirmy, twitchy MAN in DIAPERS, A.K.A My BOSS! So this morning, thoroughly thrilled at him having stepped out of the Emirate, we grabbed the occasions and just as we gathered to play our game, HE walks IN!!! It was like time FROZE. Everything that transpired after that was in a CRYSTAL CLEAR slow motion. All of us FROZE! Right from the Regional Manager to the Design Manager, to the Bosses P.A! It was a sight to SEE!!! I froze, acted as though I was jotting something down on my note pad and after the brief acting, ran outside to control my irrepressible bouts of Laughter!! Its soo SAD, in fact pathetic that our BOSS gets so violent and aggressive when he sees his employees bonding and spending 15 minutes of their free time connecting with each other, out of the nine hours that we work continuously! In fact in retaliation, I have further taken yet another 30 minutes off to write down this Blog entry of mine! Hehehehe!! :D :D *Evil Grin*

Unbelievable! It’s pathetic and pitiable to see a man of this stature behave in such cheap and lowly fashion. In fact he has already passed on the word that he was in a good mind to blast all of us, but he controlled his feelings, so that this anger will increase in its Intensity and then he will be able to tear apart each and every one of us individually! Make your life miserable it seems! ROFL! I pity this Man for this blatant stupidity and his non ability to see the wonderful capabilities, strengths and the plus points of the people that work for him! I really WONDER what is wrong with this MAN!

Wonder! Talking about wondering, a friend of mine, VJ, just sent me a few lines, which very well sum up Me as a person.

I am WONDER WOMAN…
I WONDER where I left my keys,
I WONDER how I put on Weight,
I WONDER where my Money went, (Or should I say My Appa’s Money!!! :D :D )
I WONDER where I put my Phone,
I Often WONDER why I WONDER…

Wonderful, I say!

Before I end, a Quick Note to myself, “Don’t think too much, Neelu… You will create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place!” I know, nothing is going to be changed overnight. But the Key word is TRY!

Talking About Try, I need to TRy on some NEW SHOES!! Oh How I wish for a GIANT SHOE CABINET!!!! Sighhhh!! Oghaayyy, Let me STOP now!! :D

1 comment:

Aar-R said...

Yep.. at times life can hit you hard that you fall flat and gasp for breath, but then this life itself shows us to get back on our feet and say "I will get back"