Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Week that went BY…

How time flies by, when you are tied up is quite simply unbelievable! I was just trying to visualize the whole of last week and it seems to be all in a haze, in fast forward motion. There have been so many activities, running around, fights, *Aww* moments, peace, tension, frustrations, disgust, and as if to round it all off, the past few hours of FEAR. Plain simple unadulterated Fear! The worst part of fear, I have learnt is not knowing when it will END. When your fear is going to be put to rest. Not being able to confide in anyone or anything as to how you feel. The lack of CONTROL. The Helpless that accompanies this fear. Dear God, Please make sure I don’t have to go through fear… OFTEN!



My Life, as it turns out to be is nothing less of a MEGA Tele Serial. There’s so much of action, DRAMA, multiple volcanic emotions, 1000 volt jolts, fabulous background music (both within my head and outside as well) and more. Oh Wait, I forgot, tears, lots and lots of tears.

As I talked about earlier, the week packed within its 7 days, a trip to the Burj Khalifa with a kid, or rather a Man in his diapers. Forgive me, for I had never in my wildest of  dreams imagined a 47 year old Man to be running about excitedly in the Burj Khalifa! A birthday surprise!! Planning, shopping, re-planning, listing and what not. I tend to take listing out my daily chores and errands quiet seriously, so I have mentioned in my earlier blogs as well, but this time around I declare that I am OBSESSED with IT! Although I am STILL surprised when my friends call me BREE (from the famously infamous Desperate Housewives.) Am I really that neurotic, obsessive–compulsive, and anal retentive?? Not sure… not sure.

One day not so far off I would love to actually translate of all this drama onto the silver screen, be it TV or perhaps even a movie. I am quite sure it will far pretty well, provided I SPICE it up with the current trend and the much need adult, naughty, double meaning jokes, demean women, show them in a horrible light, sprinkle few erotic scenes over it and voila I would have a BLOCKBUSTER. Whatever happened to Cinema being a creative medium? A Form of expression. I am avid Cinema watcher. A Movie buff. I like to analyze, ponder and try to understand the line of thought, the bubble diagram, the flow and the final product. Its correlation, expression and thereby appreciate its CREATOR.

Unfortunately, the movies I get to watch these days are absolutely NOT in this realm. But quiet frankly, last night, as all of us at home geared up to watch Dileep’s last offering, I had just one expectation, to LAUGH! Unfortunately, that too was too much to ask for.

In Jose Thomas' 'Mayamohini', Mohini, Our very own Dileep dressed as a woman, is portrayed as the ultimate seductress. She flirts uninhibitedly with almost anything that looks Male, presses herself close against unsuspecting men, and most of all enjoys all the attention that she gathers in the process. She flaunts her charms (or whatever that was) without any reserve what so ever and very soon all the MEN around her fall for her.
Perhaps it isn't fair to expect much of a story, there IS an inner idea, that is expected to rake up some amount of laughter, and the entire film of about three hours and ten minutes is built around it painfully.

I say painfully because the last half an hour of the film so slow and unexciting that it is almost pain inducing! There is plenty of humor involving Mohini in the film, but it all boils down to your taste!! The thinly veiled double entendres in abundance, as a friend beforehand warned me almost all the jokes are adult. MEN seem to have literally gone nuts over Mohini and her *voluptuous body*, and with so many lecherous, sex-starved men roaming around, the happenings cannot be that SANE anyway. But THIS was way over board.

I'm aghast at the sheer symbolism at play in a certain scene where a bus horn, I must add is Violated to say the least! Imaginative? YES! Undignified? HELL YA! The scene will no less spell bind you for a bit! Guaranteed! Let me add there are quite a few of these SPELL BINDING scenes but I rather not reveal any more details. 

It's an overstuffed and lazily plotted film that *shouldn’t* work for you! Its long, slow, Vulgar, cheap, crass, demeaning and I can go on and on about it! Stay at home and watch those *Tele brand Ads* over and over again with a plate of popcorn in hand, trust me even THAT is much Better!

Let me end on a slightly different note, on something I experienced today. Ambiguity is the worst cancer of all - simply not knowing where someone is can affect you in ways you wouldn’t imagine. This could be a few seconds, minutes or hours. I have truly understood the significance, importance and magnitude of three simple words. Stay in TOUCH!

Dear… dear… dear CLKP, Stay in touch, Always! 

3 comments:

Aar-R said...

Ambiguity... nice indeed....

Read this line somewhere "Be Curios. But not Judgemental". Simple to say, but hard to apply I guess. Do give it a thought.

Unknown said...

nice one!
:D

Unknown said...

nice one!!!!