Wednesday, July 27, 2011

LISTY!

Anyone and everyone whose is someone in my life knows how much I love to make LISTSI am absolutely fixated with List Making. Be it a Party, a trip, the things to do in day to day lives, shopping lists, yearly lists and more!! I have to make a LIST I must have aided in cutting down at least 10 trees with my extreme obsession with making lists!!
I’ve always been a list maker, a diligent note-taker, a recorder of all things. I write, record and keep it rather save it for the pleasure of being able to read my thoughts on a particular day at a particular time, perhaps even wondering, Did I write that??? I have always kept a diary (in some form or another) for every year of my life all thanks to my Maternal Grandfather, my Vallichan. HE is great list maker too. In fact he still at the ripe young age of 79, he still very religiously makes lists. And very detailed ones at that!!
As for me I always have written notes on the back of my hand, post-it’s stuck to my cabinets and computer screen, and a pen stuck behind my ear or in my hair at all times. If you got a peek at my old college notebooks, or note pads at work, you’d quickly diagnose me with OCD. But then again that is something we already know, isn’t it?
It’s deeply rooted in my personality, for good or bad, I don’t know. I like to document the mundane!!! I am pretty sure that is well acknowledged and easily visible through this blog of mine. I like to have projects, and I like ticking things off (or rather STRIKING THEM OFF) as I accomplish them. But come to think of it, lists are very necessary and an invariable necessity for our super fast competitive lifestyle. Even small things, like “take a shower”, are fun to draw a line through. They help me, keep me focused, prevents me from forgetting and keeps everything in order and clean. This is extremely helpful considering how overloaded my brain is at most times.
                                    
I  have recently been watching a lot of shows which have been depicting a lots of the characters having a very strong addiction to list making and NOW, not only have I realized that am I not alone in this obsession, and quite clearly not as crazy as the people they describe!!! What a RESPITE!!
I remember this one time in college, when me and a couple of my friends were in the fire escape staircase (Our little adda), deciding on a topic for one of our presentations and generally brainstorming, I was sitting there, with a pen and book in hand and I kept writing and listing and noting and TELLING them what we will do and how, My friend, Andy completely LOST it and she took my pen and threw it down the stairs and said ”ENOUGH of your listing!” LOL It was Hilarious! Her flushed angry face, My shocked and scared face and Shabbe and Luanne (my other two classmates and dear friends) were laughing their guts out!! Sigh!
But the idea is to capture all those floating to-do’s in some sort of a written format, which in turn will help in keeping them from becoming a troublesome notion rather an ITCH at the back of my mind. Like this morning, I have this itch to do a lot of things, but unfortunately or fortunately due to the mundane Work life that we all at one point of time need to adhere to, for various reasons, I couldn’t get it listed in the morning, and the tension, the irritation of not being able to get it out of my head, that truly showed me HOW MUCH of a List Maker I am!!  So cheers to List Making and All my Fellow List makers… Btw is anyone other than me into List Making?? J

No comments: