Sunday, July 31, 2011

TING!!

That's the sound which I hear, Just as the Access Control in my Office turns 13.00!

TING!!!

It's like bell ringing in my head! This Mental Bell of mine, says "EAT, Neelu!! TIME to EAT Lunch, Neelu!!! GET UP, Neelu!!!" And this doesn't stop till I get up and move towards the pantry. Mind you this is something that only happens during the weekdays, on weekends it's a whole new ball game altogether. On weekends, Come One, Two or even Three, there aren't any fixed hunger pangs or any mental bells! (Which is bad, I know and I am keen on working on it! :P)

It's a mechanism which I believe has come into play all, in order to Break my day into two distinct halves at work. Pre Lunch and Post Lunch! It sort of helps me in thinking, just a few more hours and BAM I am out of this place! ;)


Anyone and everyone who asks me about lunch and  I give them my above answer, At sharp One, have a laugh. This has been happening for quite a bit now and today, right now, considering I have a half an hour of unexpected Free Time before I leave Work, I have decided to blog about the Why I eat at ONE sharp, that is apart from the ridiculous reasoning I have given above!! :P
During my school days and college days and for that matter even during days when I am at home, I practice what most nutritionists might call “a terribly ugly and horrific eating plan”! My Eating habits was like garbage. Like a lot of students, and my friends I’d be up until the wee hours of the morning, working on the various assignments and tests and by the time I woke up the next day, I barely had enough time to come my hair, let alone eat a healthy breakfast or lunch, forget on TIME!
The benefits of eating on TIME are many, below are a few I know and work on:
  • It helps jump starts your metabolism. My productivity and my speed increases by two folds after lunch. Probably its psychosomatic, whatever be the reason it sure does work.
  • It helps curb cravings. Black tea is NOT a craving! :P
  • It helps focus for the REST of the day. My focus being on 17.30 Hours to be precise!!! :D :D
  • It makes you more awesome!! :D ;) Trust me on THAT!

And Now for a Few facts thanks to my beloved Google! :D

Eating regular low fat meals reduces total and LDL (bad) cholesterol and reduces resistance to insulin – reducing the overall risk of developing heart disease.
Regular meal eaters tend to have a lower energy (calorie) intake compared to those who eat irregularly – crucial if you’re looking to maintain or lose weight.
By eating meals and snacks regularly you will help keep your blood sugar levels stable. Why is this good? Because this will help prevent strong feelings of hunger, which could result in you over-eating the next time you eat! (which is usually the time you reach for that chocolate bar, latte or muffin - or all 3! :P).
Most of us understand how eating a healthy and on TIME can help us feel better, lose weight, and improve focus, but that doesn’t mean we magically have the time to eat on TIME, right? Most are lazy, some embarrassed, some give the "Oh so much work!"excuse and some simply FORGET! It can be a hassle for sure, especially when you start off but with TIME, it will be a piece of Cake! We need to remember that these excuses aren't going to HELP our health in any way, but eating on time and regularly definitely will!
The change that eating on time can bring about is phenomenal. The change is Night and Day! We become more energetic, alert, our nutrition intake is higher and we remain STRONG.

My friends (Read the ones who ridicule me for lunching at sharp ONE), think “Lunch is for Weaklings or Oldies!” - But NO, that's not true, Having lunch on TIME is for industrious people who want to benefit from taking 20 minutes out to UNWIND, LOOSEN OUT and REFUEL – the rise in blood sugar following the meal aids concentration and brainpower! Imagine having this Boost daily at a Fixed Time? A dip in blood sugar or the afternoon slump, is generally due to a skipped or delayed meal, causing tiredness, sleep, mood changes and loss of concentration – definitely not the most ‘productive’ state to be in.

We all like to be healthy and to be sure that we're doing the best we can for ourselves, and our health, so why not eat on TIME?

No comments: