Thursday, April 22, 2010

AND, I thought you were my FRIEND!

Please note that any Reference/ similarity to any person/individual/thing is purely coincidental and unintentional! Also please do NOTE that EACH statement I make has EXCEPTIONS!!

WHO / WHAT is friend?

The Bookish definition seems to be, a friend is someone who supports you, sympathizes with you, or patronizes a group. An easily definition of that would be a person you know, like and trust.

I have people whom I know, people who support me, People whom I like and people whom I trust!! But unfortunately or fortunately they are all different different individuals!

In tough times we count on friends to help us get through. I like to think of friendship as everlasting, but is friendship truly forever? NOPE!! These days love isn’t forever, forget friendship!!

Can miles drive you away from friends you made after graduating from places like high school or college? I still remember walking across the stage at the convocation Ceremony and thinking I am NEVER seeing most of the people graduated with. And that is exactly what happened… Well for those instances you can always join networking places like Facebook. Facebook’s motto is that it is a place for friends and it helps you to connect with the people in your life. In those ways you would never be without your friends.

On these sites you can write to each other on your personal walls and post pictures. It is an easy way to communicate on the computer just like email. All your friends can follow you at once. It’s simpler than going to write an email and having to input all the recipients to receive the information along with a simple text message from a cell phone...

Drifting away from Facebook for a while, I have learnt through my umpteen experiences and I have come to realize that there are basically three types of friends a person can have. There are friends that I call “sometimes” friends, these people appear to be your friend but only when you are face to face with them, and when you are not around them they act more like a foe. They are often referred to as two faced or a back stabber. These types of friends are not very reliable nor should they be trusted. Another type of friend is the “acquaintance”. These are the type of friends that you do not necessarily hate, but at the same time you do not divulge your personal information with this person, simply because you do not spend a great amount of time with the person and do not know them well. The Last type of friend a person can have, and the best kind, is a “true” friend. A true friend is someone you know you can always trust and rely on no matter what.

It may be hard to determine if someone that you call a friend is actually a “true” friend or a “sometimes” friend. They can be very deceitful and scandalous towards you at times. If you notice...

No… I won’t say, I don’t have friends! I do… Or I think I do… But What I don’t have are genuine people who are there for me always!! (Please remember each statement I make has EXCEPTIONS!!) There are certain people, in my life, who are there, very much there when they need me, whether it’s for sorting out their issues, or hearing them out or helping them with assignments or …. You get the drift, ye? But I have no one, who would come, take one look at my face and ask me, if something wrong, (trust me its very easy for people to make out from my expression as to how I am feeling). Someone who will accompany me to places, without even me asking, someone who would volunteer to help me, someone how would never have to things before talking to me. Some one who would know me in and out and would know what exactly would piss me off and what would NOT!

Why is it that I am always listening to my friends/ random people’s woes, tensions, plights etc? Why, especially when no one has the time or the patience to listen to mine? Why is that I am expected to behave in a certain way, when they can do anything that they want? Why is it?? Why should always keep hearing other’s problems and feel for them? Why isnt there any1, when I want a HUG, a sweet word, a consolation, a Shoulder to cry on??? Why? Why AM I the Dependable one??? Trust me being Dependable is highly overrated and definitely not much FUN!

Friends are supposed to be the pearls of our life. This word bears its greater meaning only to those who could understand the greatness of its meaning. It’s some thing sacred, it needs to be cherished and build up for many years with much CARE.

Goran Stojanov once said, "One should always take care when making a choice of a friend-as the friends are the ones you pick by yourself." I must add (as always), THEY definitely did choose the right person, but I guess I DIDN'T!!!

No comments: