Friday, April 30, 2010

I SCREAM!!!!

“Vallichaaaa!!! How do you expect my hunger to go away with these small cups ice creams?? I WANT MORE!! MORE!! MORE!!”
My Poor Maternal Grandfather stood in shock as he looked down at his two and half year old, 93 cm tall granddaughter. *How can this tiny little thing possibly eat so MUCH he thought?? And How can I probably explain to her that ice cream is a Dessert and not meant to act as a STAPLE food/ main course??* The guy at the Ice cream parlor proudly passed his judgment then and there “She has a Sweet tooth!! She will be a great FOODIE!!

Now after 21 years, I now know that, Yup that Man suffered from what is called the “Kali Zuban/ Black Tongue/ Kari naakku etc” or something of that sort! ( Lol, not that any of it was required... one look at my pictures back then and anyone could have said I had a particular LIKING for ice creams!!) I do have a sweet tooth, I love ICE CREAMS... I am addicted to them; fortunately I have parents who curb my addiction to a GREAT EXTENT! And A Brother who never loses an opportunity to call me FAT!! :) Though it’s different thing that both he and me are travelers of the SAME boat!! If it werent for them I could definitely have given Adnan Sami a RUN for his money!! (Not that M very proficient in the Singing department :P)

In Dubai, everyday We see the mercury steadily rising. The air conditioning has to be cranked up a notch or two every hour. Al this Only mounts to ONE thing – Summer is BACK.


It might only be the beginning of May, but the days are already getting hotter and the prospect of a long stint indoors is getting closer. A huge Chunk of the next few months will be spent in the blast of artificially cooled rooms both at work, home, restaurants and in the malls as well. But what are WE to do when We’re caught in the stultifying temperatures outdoors, when we need something cold, smooth, heavenly, and preferably delicious to take the sting away from the humid heat????

We’re going to have an ice cream, of course!!!

I love ICE CREAMS....Cones, cups, balls; mini melts ice creams... any thing and everything!!! I think I can partly blame DUBAI from my Ice cream addiction and attraction. Anything and everything to beat the HEAT right? To add to it we have different types of ice creams, and different brands as well… Baskins Robbins, Haagen Dazs, London Diary, Cold stone… and what not?? We have Natural ice creams, artificially flavored ice creams, and the most innovative and novel things coming up as well. If you guys havent tried, you must head down to this place in Karama, Flavours Ice Cream, during the cooler winter months there’s always the Rose Petals Ice cream (One of my personal Favorites), Mirch magic (green chilli ice cream) to put a bit of fire in your tummy. But since the summer is all about chilling out, you should try the special thandai flavour ice cream – a cooling mix of almonds, cardamom, saffron and sweet milk that replicates the refreshing qualities essential at this point. The rose petal, blackcurrant and watermelon flavours will also cool you down, but another must look out is the fresh mango flavour.With over 40 different flavours, the ice cream is freshly made every other day, it’s vegetarian!!!! :D :D

Apart from all this, we have options to MAKE our very own ICE CREAMS as well!! How cool and awesome is that??? Its like in the European countries, especially in Italy. If you go to Italy, on each corner of the street, you have a gelato shop, run by individuals who all have their own recipes!!! By contrast, in countries like India and U.A.E, Its all within a franchise, it’s really just following the book. You don’t need to be a chef, you just throw in some powdered flavouring and that’s it, but that’s gelato, and just imagine If we could DO the same for ICE CREAM!!! We can, Cant we?

Lastly, Jason LOVE once said "I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert." All I can say to Mr. Love is Sir, I probably couldnt AGREE with you MORE on that!!! :D

No comments: