Sunday, May 29, 2011

Knowledge is Power!

Yes that was The Indian High School, Dubai, My School's Motto. I used to sing it daily, as a part of my School song... with great passion and vigor, as my life depended on it and throughout the day just to irritate Mum. :P All day, while doing my Math sums, while walking, while in the kitchen, always... that and the UAE National anthem!! YES, I was/ am twisted... :P I like to genuinely have FUN and irritate people around me at the same time! I guess I get it from My Appa, he too prances around the house singing the most preposterous songs completely in tune albeit. And as it turns out, so does my Brother… He practically shrieks and screams!! Lol… Will get into that on another blog entry… *My Operatic Sibling!!* :P

The Motto has stayed with me, ever since. I take it very seriously; in fact I have a very staunch policy of learning, increasing knowledge, getting to know more and more about any given topic. The Joy of learning is far more when you learn it all by yourself! Yes, I have learnt a lot many things myself… AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Singing (LOL... I know ryte!), writing, art of applying makeup, photography, and lots more.. I am a self proclaimed, self taught learning addict! It’s not very difficult, in fact nothing in this world is THAT difficult, other than of course *Getting me Married*! But then again that isn’t in MY hands or anyone else’s right? :D

Coming back… One of the simplest fancies of mine is to buying a Book every month, without fail! Every month, after having withdrawn my Salary, My first and foremost task to get a Book, what better way to USE the money, than to increase knowledge and as an ode to Goddess Saraswati! I owe a lot to her… A great deal actually! If it weren’t for her, I would be a lot less interesting! Yes, Absolutely DULL!

Recently, a long lost recently found, good friend of mine, Vikki boi, happen to read my blog (after I forced it upon him actually! lol) and he complimented me saying “Neelu you have excellent command over the English language and that it’s been long since I have come across a lot many of the terms and expressions that you used!” Well, I deeply cherish that Compliment, and I also told him so, what I didn’t tell him was that I don’t know any other Language this WELL! I know a shame! In fact a sham!

English is the only language, I know to fluently; READ - *Extremely fluently* - write, read and converse in… Not Malayalam - my mother tongue (Speak Only), not Hindi (Speak Well, Read and write WEAK!) and not Tamil (Speak poor, Read NO and Write :O)… I actually love this language, Tamil, Oh wait is it because all the Hot Southie Actors are Tamilians? That is Vikram and Surya respectively? Drool… Lol! Yes I think so too!!

She, Goddess Saraswati, Touch wood, has never failed me… She has in fact been the Constant divine factor in my life. Ermmm, she did leave me for a bit in Grade 11th, rather she got hidden behind another turbulent and strong deity, but then again she found her way back to me almost immediately and embraced me so lightly, that I forgot how angry I was with her for having left me! :D

Last Thursday, while meeting three of my crazy, adorable ex classmates, I realized, Saraswati Devi was my best friend, throughout my five formative and fundamental years, my Bachelors and Masters.


Back then she helped me focus only on competing with my previous record and getting better than ME! So much so that I almost didn’t realize being ridiculed because of me being 5’7’’ (easily the tallest gal in class considering most of us were Asians) and yet sitting in the First seat in the middle row of the class, right in front of the teacher, under her nose! Listening to no one else but the professor in front of me and my own head. I didn’t realize, I was ridiculed because of I was a *MALLU* Nerd, or because I was Mrs. Prassana (My HOD)’s pet! All I cared was about getting that 4 GPA, back to back every semester, and every year! As that was my GOAL… and also because, as Dearest Appa says or rather sings, “Kuch toh log kahein gay, logon ka kaam hai kehna…”

This realization and awareness couldn’t have come at a better time. In fact I am amazed at the impeccable timing of it, as I am facing the exact same scenario once again!

Yes, Once again, The Gods and Goddesses have decided to test ME! To see, how determined I am to get where I want to and How much I can withstand… I CAN get through this Once again!

After all, I have my Best friends, Saraswati Devi and I own Singing prowess right? Hahaha… This is when I have to starting singing *Knowledge is Power* in a Shruthi less, out of pitch low registered deep voice and make myself comfortable and Fight myself through this! Or may be I can replace the song with something a tab fresher and less clichéd! :D

Because, If shit has to happen, we just got to let it happen PROPERLY!!

No comments: