Sunday, June 12, 2011

Criminal Minds

I, for one, used to hate blood and gore. In fact still do to an extent, but I am sure My Appa would strongly disagree with the former part of this statement and I must say that he has pretty good reasons to feel so as well, but I’ll come to that later.

I Shriek at the drop of a hat, lol… Loud, piercing shriek, and I have a track record of screaming, this is irrespective of the place, the time or the event… I don’t do it on purpose but that’s just the way I function. I have screamed for Movies like Karthik Calling Karthik, Bhagam Bhaag, Nyan Mahan Illay (This movie was marketed as a love story, but trust me the “Love” was pushed to the tiniest possible corner and covered with lots of blood, lots of guts and some phenomenally dangerous weapons, that it almost vanished!!!), and I can go on and on about Movies or incidents that have made me scream, but that’s Not what I am talking about here… Nevertheless, I still get goose flesh thinking about Salman Khan ripping of 5kg Flesh off some guy’s chest (he claims its 5 kg and he in fact challenges us to weigh the same if we aren’t convinced... Ughh), all this and more in the humongous –ly over budgeted epic Mega FLOP endeavor called VEER! (Good Lord, What a torture… That movie! Things that we have to put ourselves through for you, Mr. Khan! Uff… Too Much I tell ya!)

But that said and done, I am a Huge, Mega, Enormous, Super, Gigantic Fan of all Police Procedurals, Dramas, and the Thriller genre. Anything to do with Behavioral Analysis, procedural dramas focusing on the Criminal rather than the crime, getting to know why they did it, profiling them is definitely my kind of thing. Conflicting I know, but fascinating nonetheless! Criminal Minds, Bones, CSI Miami, NCIS, Law and Order Special Victims Unit and Castle, ALL of it! 
  

  
                                            

Of all these Shows, Criminal Minds seem to be my Current Favorite, and Appa absolutely resents watching the show and as well as me watching it… He likes watching and me watching Castle alright owing to its light hearted comedy and an underlying love angle, but CM, absolutely NOT! I guess it’s due to the high graphic content and violence showcased on it, but really once your engrossed into it, you actually see beyond the blood and gore. Lol… In fact, only yesterday my writing pad was on the Shoe rack and Appa glanced through the same and was aghast when he saw the Title which read “Criminal Minds” He said, “What Now??! Are you going to write about it as well??” Appa’s logic is that you watch Criminal Minds; you turn into one as well! LOL.. Actually the thing is he is shocked at how a Girl who used to cringe every time the villain used to even hit the Hero is now coolly sitting and watching Flattened Dead bodies being crapped out Roads and Pits full of dead bodies and live operations! Actually I still do cringe at the site of blood and when the Hero is hit, but there is something beyond all of this which actually has me hooked onto these shows… But even I don’t have an answer to why I am so enamored by the whole Criminal investigation, interrogations, forensic investigations and the likes. Well, as always I have are a few theories on the same:
  • Is it because of the terrifically good looking and apt casting of the various characters?
  • Is it because of the extremely engrossing story lines?
  • Is it because I have a insatiable need to know WHY?
I would like to think it’s ALL of the Above! Now that I seem to have almost conquered my fear of blood and gore at least on TV, I can move on to TRYING to watch horror movies… Or wait I think I will let that pass… :P I just need to get rid of these haunting dreams that I get wherein I am almost always the VICTIM, and maybe once I am done with that, I can find other less frightening avenues to direct my interests to…

But I must say, thanks to all these shows, I have the anatomy of a Complete Murder Investigation clearly etched in my mind and the mechanics of a typical murder investigation from the standpoint of the investigators, How is it handled, and what are all the procedures followed everything!! As My Mum would ask, “And what do you think you will achieve by having all this information?” Who knows, May be I will write a Crime thriller or even become a Homicide Detective at some point…. Or NOT! Hah! (But I’ll say THAT would be Really Cool now, wouldn’t it??)

By the way Before I end, I would like those of you who are reading this to kindly visit Stock Images, A FB acquaintance of Mine, a very talented photographer is the Founder of this stock photography website and it would be of Great help to him. This site has a vast collection of nature, wildlife and travel pictures... So, take a few minutes off Facebooking and take a look at it.. Appreciate your precious time!

Love!

3 comments:

conFused. said...

Well, as a fan of Quentin Tarantino and those Korean Revenge flicks(a flavor they are masters of), I have been privileged to see lots and lots of blood, and some more. (:

If you like to watch foreign movies(Crime Mysteries of course), I'd recommend the following two.
1. The Secret in Their Eyes (Argentinian)
2. Memories of Murders (Korean)

Highly involving till the end, though the pacing might be a little on the slower side for some people's liking.

Neelanchana Kumar said...

Lol... Thanks!! :D :D I will most certainly TRY to get hold of a few of these movies... I only pray the Actors in them are as interesting and involving as u say! :D

conFused. said...

As long as you aren't expecting to find a Salman Khan in those, you should be safe. XD

Performance wise, they are mind bogglingly terrific.