Sunday, June 19, 2011

What is HAPPINESS??


A person with a vast heart is happy.
Such a person lives each day with a broad and embracing spirit.

A person with a profound spirit is happy.
Such a person can savor life's depths while creating meaning and value that will last for eternity.

A person with a pure mind is happy.
Such a person is always surrounded by refreshing breezes of joy.

What is the purpose of life? It is to become HAPPY! Whatever country or society people live in, they all have the same deep desire: to become HAPPY!

Yet, there are these few ideals which are extremely difficult to grasp as that of HAPPINESS. True happiness is to be found within, in the state of our hearts. It does not exist on the far side of some distant mountain! Nope absolutely NOT! It is within you, yourself!!! Happiness is to be found in the dynamism and energy of your own life as you struggle to overcome one obstacle after another. and Most importantly Happiness is when you can make someone else HAPPY! :D

Yes, This was what I told or rather tried telling My Mother when she asked me, "Why do you have to go out in THIS blazing heat and take pictures of other people? What will you get out of it? You will get tanned, tired, exhausted to say the least! You only have the weekend to relax and rest, and you do this?? Sit at home read a book, we can go out Shop later!" LOL Mums, they are perpetually worried about us... and no matter how tall we grow or how old we get they will still feel we are small little helpless babies! :D Love u MA!

A week back, on Friday, While I was getting ready to shoot a Good Friend of mine, Suresh, at 2.30 in the afternoon, I decided to look down from my balcony... and judging by the people walking on roads, it certainly wasn't a Good Idea... It was HOT, Humid, Sticky and arid! But I couldn't let the heat come in between me and the Photo shoot could I? So me and my Prized assistant, My darling brother Kaushik headed out to shoot!

Fortunately or unfortunately my Model decides to take his own sweet time and lavishly sway in a good hour and half LATE! I completely despise unpunctuality, but then again I was mentally prepared to wait on this chronically late gentleman, as we friends are so used to him replying to any and every BBM Message almost day later! In fact it's the first thing that me and Deepika, another good friend of mine always talk about, when Suresh is mentioned! How HE is Always LATE! :D

Finally we he did arrive, he was a ball of nerves, lol... Honestly so was I, it was the first time I was doing a MALE photo shoot (that's other than My Appa and My brother of course) and I was completely apprehensive as to how it would turn out... What ensued was 3 hours of Madness, with 5 costumes changes, 5 different locations, My stylist making a Grand Guest appearance (Special Thanks to my sister, Sanjana for having taken out time from her busy Exam schedule and heading out to help Me, MWAH!), dehydration, heat, sweat, lots of running, tripping over around 4 times and lots of Happiness!

It was initially hard to get him smile, or pose, or even express but it soon got better, all thanks to my baby brother posing for him and also thanks to me looking like a complete idiot sitting on the floor with my protective duppatas and  glares trying my level best to escape the sun and to get the best shoots! He was delight to work with, a good spoilt, he wordlessly followed my instructions and was cheerful even when I made him lie on the ground,  jump on to pedestals, climb on to walls (or at least try) and what not!





After a week when we met a again, it was time for me to officially handover the post processed images and I had insisted he look at the pictures along with Me and My team. Boy, am I glad I did that! His expressions and his reactions truly made it worthwhile! The joy of making some else happy, that is truly something else. It takes away all the toil, pain, exhaustion that you have to put yourself through initially!

All I can say now is I can't wait to spread the HAPPINESS, and fight yet another battle with the ever rising scorching heat of Doofai!! (P.S. Lots of happiness/Photo shoots in the pipeline!! :D )

5 comments:

Prabhu G said...

WOW... Nice Work Neelu!! I want to see more pictures!! :)

Deeps said...

This is the sweetest..... :) :)

Nilu....I think this is one of the finest photography by u....n i can see u just get better n better!!!! I also believe ur client: Mr. Suresh made this process more interesting....n i guess at the end of the day...he made u proud! :P LOL

Neelanchana Kumar said...

Prabhuuuuuuu... Hehehe... Thanks a ton!! Of course u will get to see MOREE!! :D :D

Neelanchana Kumar said...

Deeppsss!!! :D :D

Thanks Babe!!! lol... Yep thats the intention... Practise Maketh Perfect, rittteee??? :D :D Ye, He was a darling!! lol

Anish said...

Heyyyyy... great pics.... and ya so true was u wrote... ur heart sort of smiles when u make someone happy.....so know that feeling... Keep up the great work... cant wait to read the next one... :)