Sunday, March 21, 2010

ABSOLUTE Communiqué!


Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

~ Author Unknown

I just have to write about this!!! Especially NOW, since I have begun to complexly understand, comprehend, control and exploit the INTERNET. If it wasn't for it, I really can’t fathom how life would have been. Everything that we do is directly/ indirectly correlated to the Internet; searching for information, people, recipes, music, movies, assignments, make up, news, live cricket, chatting, and what NOT?… So many many things!!

Getting on line and on to the web cam and seeing my loved ones who are at thousands of miles away, talking to them, wishing them, all of that has been possible only because of the INTERNET! All these social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter has definitely given LIFE a new dimension! For all those who feel that they are waste of time and that they curb Creativity and Productivity… THINK again! Initially I too had a certain indifference towards these social networking sites; I set aside its existence as a creation for the immature juveniles and people with low professional commitment as well as a site for poor frustrated (Read Socially and ….ahem ahem.. otherwise) individuals. But NOW, I completely acknowledge with the WHOLE all my heart that I was mistaken!! We need to salute these sites for bringing into our lives, our Friends from school, college and relatives as well.

On 19 January, 2010 at 13:22pm, I was overwhelmed with this powerful sentiment of gratitude because through FACEBOOK, I had found my classmate and Dear friend, Vipina Mohammad Ali, from school who unfortunately had to drift away from me due to certain circumstances. But when I saw her face on FB, I couldn’t just believe I was indeed looking at her after some 15 ODD years… I was sooo excited just seeing her there, I had last seen her when I was in Grade 4, and I had compltely forgotten her surname and what not, the only thing I remember was that we share our birthday;s together, that’s it… BUT one random search and BANG… I found HERWOW!!! And how things change, she has grown (and here I was, still picturing her in my head as the 4th standard kid) and now, Masha Allah, she herself is a mum of two adorable toddlers!! :D :D … Well, THANK YOU to our Very own INTERNET and FACEBOOK!!! :D (Now I don't want to completely propagate Facebook, they do have some serious flaws... but still… – Read *60 year old Uncle* wanting to MAKE friendship isn’t very appealing, If I may add!)

I think I would have gotten sick and tired of living a long while ago, if it weren’t for internet… LOL May be not!. At least since I have internet here at home, office and the mobile, I can have some real conversations about the things that move me with interesting people whom I don’t really now very well. I have been lucky enough to have got a lot of GOOD Friends thanks to the INTERNET!! My very very good Friend Swaschand Lavan , Sachu, is a part of my life only and only because of the Internet and Orkut… Special Thanks there! I can’t even think what I would do, if it weren’t for him sitting here in the OFFICE!! :)

My Good Friend, Anashwara Radhkrishnan, Anu, and I have been in touch with each other thanks to this technology alone, we have these long mailing sessions where in we catch up with each other’s daily activities, which wouldn’t have been possible if we were to do it through the phone. :)

If I feel like shopping, I can go online and browse any type of store I like or if I want to gift something to someone. If I want to have a conversation, I can open Msn, Google or Facebook and chatter away. If I am looking for some info or support, just a few simple clicks and off I go.

So to those who say Internet is bad and doesn't add valuable things to life... you are doing it completely wrong! So, A BIG shout OUT to Facebook, Google, Twitter, Msn and the Internet... you have indeed made the world a more delightful, charming, beautiful and a more 'warmer/smaller' place to live in.

GOOGLE IT!! That’s way to go!!

No comments: