Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dance Dance - Baring of the soul through Movement!!

“Everyone is looking for God. Some don’t realize that they are, but they are.” 
-George Harrison

I have DREAM! A Vision… a mission maybe… I want to able to create a community of dancers in a gently populated place amidst the desert in concrete jungle of DUBAI. A place where nothing exists, except DANCE. A place where I breathe, eat, sleep, dream, talk, imagine - DANCE. It shall be like an oasis in the desert. A place where all the five senses can be refined to perfection. A place where dancers dodge negative, non-constructive traits to embrace spirituality and lead a calmer and smoother lifestyle. And in this gradual process become dancers of merit.

This is exactly the reason why I had decided to do a research on dance to finally culminate in a dance school… because of my love for Dance. Dance for me is my life. It has been with me even before I was born… It is the very essence of my being. It is my prayer and my way of spirituality. It is my means of becoming one with god.

Being a staunch believer of god and a keen dancer it is only natural that I follow Lord Nataraja, the King of Dances. He has had an emphatic impact on me. His cosmic dance conglomerates CREATION, PRESERVATION and ultimately DESTRUCTION. Nataraja's dance is a metaphorical representation of human life itself, wherein the good and the bad eventually get neutralized. Being a Libran, having a strong sense of good and bad (Read Opinionated!) as well as always having had the unvarying ambition of achieving a balanced personality, my fascination with Lord Nataraja seems pretty normal. Doesn’t it??

While completing by Bachelors Design Dissertation, my aim was to achieve a parallel between dance and design in tandem with the cultural, aesthetic, visual, and spiritual aspects. With this information at hand, I hope to design a Dance Academy (ONE DAY… ye I will!) specializing in the seven different classical dance forms of India; Land of Cultural Heritage and Dynamism; in Dubai; the City of Gold.

Being a cosmopolitan city the need of a multicultural tolerant attitude is inevitable, and it does exist to a certain limit but the number of “fraudulent” people in the field is phenomenal as well (Will deal with that aspect in the coming blogs… :)) and secondly the population Indians expatriates in this country further exemplifies the need for such a melting pot of art forms.

With the establishment of such center, the social and cultural emancipation of traditional arts as well as artists shall become a reality. I seriously would love to ensure the continued existence and progress of the dance forms under the newly evolved (sincere and legit) institutional set up. Indian dance forms speak volumes of the great cultural endeavor of the country, so I would like to see it as something I can give back to India. Indian dance forms have always captured global attention in all the cultural vistas of the world; therefore the task shouldn’t be unfeasible.

The population living in Dubai suffers from a cultural vacuum and the need of a center wherein people can imbibe the true essence of ethnic and culturally rich characteristics is unmistakable.

This blog is a rather good insight to my persona, and is very close to my heart as well. I have been dancing since the age of 3 and this is ONLY because of my parents who introduced me to Dance and my Ma who fed me DANCE. ;) If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have been able to identify my Love! :) Thanks Ma and Happy Mother’s DAY!!!

1 comment:

Prabhu G said...

Good Luck da... I am sure one day ur dream will come true!! :)