Monday, March 29, 2010

Tales of Gincy, The Great Downfall Included!!


People generally say that First impressions are the Best ones, well in that case, I am sure Gincy would have hated me… As mentioned in my previous blog that I was in such a pathetic mood on the Orientation day that when, She being an absolute sweetheart walked up to me and sat next to me for the MEMORABLE speech by Mr. Iyer, I chose to completely IGNORE her. In fact I had ignored most people in the class, more than me ignoring them; they were invisible to me, hidden by my grief (LOL). Actually I don’t remember snubbing her, but of course she does and never loses an opportunity to remind me of my utterly ridiculous behavior. :)

Its only when she asked me for a pen that I noticed her, She looked so completely and thoroughly Indian and definitely Ethnic… in her Salwar Khameez, Hair neatly tied back, with a center partition and matching earrings, chain and Bangles, Nails painted to match her salwar and completely immaculate. LOL she was the Ideal girl in my mother’s eyes. She has taken so much effort to make herself presentable, Ma said. I said, Well Ya she did… But Ma what’s the use if everyone dressed and carried themselves in the same way? :P :P That was my excuse for having loose, part straight and part wavy multicolored hair, kohled eyes and black nail paint.. :D

Gincy, a fellow Libran, born on 2nd October 1986, for the past five years I have been the first person to wish her for birthdays and she has been the first person to wish me for mine!! :D

Change is the only thing constant thing in this universe, I changed, My perspectives changed, my friends had changes in their lives, and so many of them had left college midway, most disappeared after bachelors but Gincy (and a few others as well… will be writing about them soon :)) was constant! She has been my classmate for 5 years, did our bachelors together, as well as our Masters.

She is an excellent cook, Chinese being her specialty, and she was one of the few people who took our very first assignment (of introducing ourselves as well as talking about our hobby) very seriously. Her hobby being cooking, she came to class armed with Mixed Fried Rice and Gobi Manchurian, that she prepared all by herself in her Cooking lab early in the morning just for US!!

She is one hell of a Character, completely totally entertaining! I remember this one time, we were participating for the First Talents Day in Manipal, and while practicing, if at all she doesn’t get any step , she would keep doing the same step over and over again and try and get the step right but would NEVER give up! Ohhh…. How can I forget the… the great DOWNFALL of Gincy!! LOL... it was Crazzyyy... (yes I know I am mean :P) Once while practicing with our costumes, she said, "Neelu this skirt is too long, I don’t think I cant wear it and dance! ". Since we were practically a few days short of the D Day and I was already worried about a few other things as well I didn’t say anything but just stared at the poor thing… LOOL!!! I clearly remember how she kept saying I will fall… I will fall with this stupid long skirt and I kept telling her “Its all in your mind, gal” LOL… and then it happened!!!!

Shuba Mudgal screaming in the background… "Rangeloo Maroo Dholnaa… Dholnnaaaa……" DISSSSSHH!!! Gincy Landed on the floor with a loud thud and went sliding behind… thanks to the smooth silky skirt and then was lying there motionlessly, and Deepa from behind went running melodramatically towards her.. "Gincy eda Gincy... are you OKAI?? Gincyyyy!! Gincyyy!!!” and there I was a complete insensitive pig… laughing away to glory, laughing and laughing and rolling on the floor … Poor thing!! She must have wanted to kill me at that time… But I wouldn’t let her be angry with me for long, what all I did, for her to feel better, massaged her till she begged me to stop… LOL!

We were soo silly, stupid, carefree and illogical and now how things have Changed, she is no longer Gincy George. She is Gincy Ajai, happily married and in the family way!!! I just can’t want to see her beautiful baby and her… It’s been soo long!!

Gincy, Girl, one day we need to do our Rangeelo Baro ONCE AGAIN!!! For Old Time’s Sakes!! :D :D

No comments: