Thursday, March 18, 2010

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I think NOT????

It is often said that "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery"... Well, I for one, completely disagree with that. I think, in some cases, it can be seen as a HUGE INSULT and definitely an IRRITATION.

I take myself too seriously, I am also very serious about things that I do and I am very modest as well… lol… All things that I do are very close to my heart and soul; be it studying, designing, dancing, writing, painting, cooking, Everything! Ther are NOT to be tampered with!!!

All those of you who know me, might know that I tend to hold grudges. This blog is an example of just that.

How can someone blatantly copy another person?? No seriously how can? Is one even thinking about what one’s doing before actually doing whatever it is that they’re doing?? Why imitate someone when you yourself can come up with something original and innovative in life?? Mimicry exists, It does, throughout the ANIMAL KINGDOM that is… but that imitation is one with a PURPOSE --matching one's behavior to others' as a form of social learning for monkeys, apes and Chimps. And I thought that we had come a long way from the time of the APES!! In a world where every1 seems to be competing with one another, Can we not at least try and be original? Okay, So ahead and imitate, but at least give the other person some time or some space first. I guess you could say I'm a control freak… Obsessive compulsive? Definitely! But why not, I would NEVER do some thing just because the other person has done so, then why would you?

Do things because you want to and NOT because SOMEONE else HAS!!! Maybe if my inhibitions weren't so tightly knit about me, I would have been a much more amicable person. I feel that things like this only happen with me and when such things do happen, I have trouble trusting people with anything of mine!! It makes me sad that someone would do such a thing as treacherous as going behind someone's back and imitating/ mimicking/ aping! Maybe I am overreacting, but I sure don’t feel like it at the moment… Need A Cupcake NOW!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cupcake connection comin right along gurl!!!
totally understand what you mean..and yeah ofcourse totally am similarily opiniated!
never did understand the theory behind it..i mean what does the other person think they r doing?well ofcourse it isnt so much as a flattery to us..then y do they bother trying to flattter doing something so stupid!

Neelanchana Kumar said...

LOL! The 'Other" Person is misjudged and is under the wrong notion... But nevertheless, What are WE here for... To clear misinterpretations and put them striaght.. lol.. isnt it??