Monday, March 15, 2010

My SuperHERO Appa

My Appa….. Forever calm, composed, always at ease. The most accommodating and selfless man I know. No bad habits what so ever. He doesn’t drink, smoke or even abuse! Now isnt that something??? OF course it is!! He is the BEST!!

He never complains even when he has had to pick from college late at nite, every day for two years continuously, completely compromising on his free time (Read - Newspaper time), or pick n drop me from one to dance session to another or sit for terribly long dance shows and what not. He never says anything!

He is loving and kind, he listens, suggests, and defends. He has the strength of a mountain, and is my foundation. He loves to tell me stories and used to tell me sooo many of them. There was a time when me and my sister would not sleep until he had completed narrating us a bedtime story… Appa makes these stories all the time just for us and that to with SPECIAL Effects… :) He taught me to ride my bike, and more recently DRIVE :). Or at least he tried…lol!

When I was younger I was extremely fat... I guess fatter than a normal baby, or wait was it that my parents were too young n skinny... lol I think the second one hold true!! But Seriously, though I was... ahem... quite a burden for them to carry, Appa always carried me around…Even when I was old enough to walk, I used to insist on being carried, and he did just that. Stubborn as I was, I used to throw sooo many tantrums and my poor Appa quietly let me have my way…

He is the fitness freak at home… the Advocate for Exercise… Always asking us to get into shape and learn from him. There is quite a lot that Men half his age needs to learn from him, he can to put to shame most of them with his energy, vigor and enthusiasm. There are times when he sometimes ties his shoes early in the morning at 6.45 and is only able to take them off much later in the night at about 11.30... But he never complains… My Appa!
Appa has never put any constrains on me, NEVER! He never once laid down any Curfew for me. If we wanted to go anywhere, we could. That’s the trust that he has placed in us. But unfortunately, as all teenage children mess up, I too did and it was he who helped me out. But my small slip up, always sees trying to make it up to him, whether in studies, or any other aspect. My only aim is to make him proud of me and completely forget the Slip up!

Appa's really do make a huge difference in their daughter's lives. I remember, when i was little, I used to think my Appa was a Super hero, and that he could do just about anything. I use to always say, "Appa, fix it." It wasn't a question, it wasn't a request, and it was a Just STATEMENT :) and I still think he is my Super hero!!!

2 comments:

Prabhu G said...

I am sure he is a SUPERHERO!!
And I am also sure He is very proud of you already!! :)

Unknown said...

hai, i'm deepa devaraj....v studied together in IHS and our dads were colleagues at work...i lykd ur blogs on marriage...my dad 2 is same lyk urs...a health freak,but my dad was more of a strict type...no tyme 2 love us....anyways...ur wordings really welled up my eyes..reminds me of my dad in dubai n me in kerala....convey my regards2 ur dad....n if possible do keep in tuch!!!hve a gr8 day